Pages

Sunday, May 26, 2013

What the Zoo Reminded Me


Because the zoo is supposed to be such a great fun place, we decided to go today. 
It was a beautiful day. 
But I think we visited more potty stalls than we did wild animals. And we certainly heard more whining than any other primitive noises.

But this,
this made the whole weary day worth it.

Wild Africa!
Look at all the flags! Aren't they beautiful?
Maybe they will have Uganda.
Oh bummer, we don't see Uganda.


Keep looking.
Oh!! There it is!!
Uganda and the crested crane!
We found it!


Look Eva! It's Uganda!
"Ganda."




OH YEAH!!
We are practically Ugandans! See how stoked we are?

Today I thought about how special that country is to all of us. Not just to Eva, not just to Jon and I, but to all of us. All of us have been there, seen the sights, talked to the people, eaten their food. For my kids, that trip last year will always be a big part of their lives. Uganda is forever in their blood.

And I would do it again and again if I could. I would take my kids, yes all 6, everywhere and anywhere in the world. It was expensive and stressful and completely worth it! 

Because when our kids see the rest of the world, their minds are blown and their hearts are changed. Seeds are planted. Priorities are shifted. And God does great stuff. 

I'm so grateful that all of our kids experienced Uganda.

That is what the zoo reminded me today.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I wish we would have been there at the same time! Did your kids leave as bushed as mine did?

      Delete